Furnishing your brand new apartment could be a challenge. This is because apartments usually have some size limitations, and you likely have some type of budget to follow, along with restrictions on your lease or listing as to what you can and can’t do. However, these limitations don’t mean that you can’t furnish your brand new apartment in a way that suits and satisfies you. By following these handy tips below, you can be sure that you’re furnishing an apartment that suits you perfectly.
Do Not Forget the Essential Furniture
There are a couple of pieces of furniture that you have to have in your new apartment, regardless of its size or your overall budget. Of course, you can always get crafty and flexible with how you pick these essential items. These items include:
- Furniture for both you and your visitors to sit down on
- A table and chairs for dining or chairs to go with your kitchen island
- Surfaces for sleeping. A futon or sleeper sofa can double as a seating section for visitors
- Some storage furniture to place other belongings
Pick Multi-Functional Furniture
When you are furnishing your brand new apartment, consider multi-functionality and flexibility with your chosen furniture. A couple of examples of multi-functional furniture include:
- Tables where you can eat but also work from home
- Use shelves to place items as well as break up space by acting as a room divider. This is especially useful within a studio apartment
- A coffee table with a trunk and lots of storage
Invest in Plenty of Storage Furniture
Creative ways for storing items is essential for your new apartment, as smaller spaces can quickly become overrun with unnecessary items. There plenty of pieces of furniture out there that could come with some built-in storage spaces, including:
- Beds with pull-out drawers underneath, or is high enough for totes and bins to fit underneath
- Nightstands and tables with shelves
- Storage ottomans, which could double as seating and tables too
- Dining tables with room dividers, drawers, shelves, along with coffee tables with shelves and drawers
- Some sofas and sofa beds have storage options
- Vertical storage in floating shelves can help keep your clutter in check
Add Some Nifty Accessories
Once you’ve got the essentials set in place and clutter stored away, dress up your space with some nifty accessories. These final touches will help your brand new apartment feel more like home. Rugs, plants, tapestries, paintings, and curtains should all do the trick.
Come Home to Comfort and Convenience at Prescott Square Apartments
Nestled in the wooded hills of Pikesville, yet just moments away from Baltimore, Reisterstown, Randallstown, Millford Mill, Gwynn Oak, Old Court, Owings Mills, Garrison, Lochearn, and Windsor Mill, Prescott Square Apartments offers spacious apartment living spaces for everyone! We offer two-bedroom homes with wall-to-wall carpeting/hardwood flooring, central A/C, access to oversized patios/balconies, and maintenance whenever you need it. To set up an appointment to take a look at our apartments, call us at 443-213-8584 or visit our website!